Inclusion, Diversity and Equality
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
At Selborne Primary School, we are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers regardless of race, gender, disability, belief, sexual orientation, age or socio-economic background. We aim to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity in which all those connected to the school feel proud of their identity and ability to participate fully in school life. At Selborne Primary School, we believe that diversity is a strength which should be respected and celebrated by all those who learn, teach and visit us.
Equality in teaching and learning
We provide all our pupils with the opportunity to succeed and to reach their full potential. We do this by:
- Ensuring equality of access for all pupils and preparing them for life in a diverse society.
- Celebrating all aspects of our pupils.
- Promoting a positive attitude towards people who are different.
- Providing opportunities for pupils to appreciate their own culture and celebrate the diversity of other cultures.
- Utilising teaching approaches appropriate for the whole school population which are inclusive and reflective of our pupils.
- Providing a range of resources for children to use that reflect our school community.
- Ensuring staff are provided with appropriate training opportunities.
More content to follow